Launched in March 2016, the 20,000-square-foot Farm Boy Brantford store has delivered 135 full- and part-time jobs to the local community, impressing shoppers with its mandate to provide a fresh, friendly, and convenient shopping experience.
Farm Boy is dedicated to working with farmers and producers in the Brantford area. By making these fresh connections, we ensure that our products are both better tasting and support the local business community.
We are proud to promote local Ontario food businesses. In Brantford, we stock Farm Boy Chocolate Truffle Hot Cocoa and Farm Boy Green Tea Latte Mix made by Brantford’s own Dure Foods, as well as power-packed protein bars and truffles from 2Go Energy in nearby Cambridge and granolas by Kitchener-based Nature’s Mix. Locally farmed meats come from the likes of Heidelberg-based Stemmler’s, and deli selections from Kitchener’s family-owned Finest Sausage and Meat and Hamilton’s Springer’s Meats Inc. Fans of dairy products might look for organic yogurts and cheeses from Guelph’s Organic Meadow or award-winning Mountainoak Cheese from New Hamburg.
The local selection just keeps growing as Farm Boy teams up with more of southwestern Ontario’s talented food producers.
Farm Boy’s commitment to fresh produce and local communities began in 1981 when Jean-Louis and Colette Bellemare opened the doors to their first Farm Boy — a 300-square-foot fresh produce store in Cornwall, Ontario. The store quickly earned a reputation for friendly service and the best quality produce.
Today, Farm Boy has 23 stores across Ontario, each providing a fresh shopping experience that makes the most of the bounty of its location. All of our Farm Boy stores remain small and easy to shop, just like a farmers’ market. Just-picked produce is still at the core of every Farm Boy store, only now you’ll also find natural and locally sourced foods, plus our popular store brands and wholesome prepared meals, made from scratch in the Farm Boy Kitchen.
Here’s what’s in store at Brantford’s Farm Boy:
- A 40-foot fresh salad and hot bar, with pizza and stir fry made to order.
- A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
- Fresh Farm Boy Oven Roasts cut to order without nitrates or preservatives.
- Over 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
- Fieldgate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork, and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
- 500 fresh Ontario dairy products, including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
- Over 60 fresh “scoop your own” bulk nuts, grains and sweet treats with 20 organic choices.
Stop by our King George Road location today and taste the freshness!
240 King George Rd.
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
For more information, please visit www.farmboy.ca