A significant increase in the number of construction permits issued in the month of August puts the City of Brantford on a path to exceed construction values achieved in 2016.
The City released its August 2017 Summary Report on Construction Activity. The number of permits issued in August 2017 increased an impressive 73% over August 2016 while the value of permits issued in August this year was $30 million dollars more than the value of permits issued in August last year. Single-‐family dwellings made up a large part of the recent numbers with 45 permits approved. Substantial numbers were also posted for commercial and industrial permit values that exceeded last year’s values by more than $20 million dollars.
- A total of 154 building permits were issued in August, totaling $39.079 million in construction value
- The highest construction value permit in the amount of $11 million was issued for the construction of a new 6 story hotel to be located at 27 Sinclair Boulevard
- Total permit values are up by over $64 million dollars versus this period last year
- Total value of Commercial permits issued in August 2017 are more than double the value during this period last year
- 714 building permits have been issued so far in 2017 totaling a combined construction value of over $165.5 million.
The full report is available on the City of Brantford's website in PDF format.